PROJECT: Parking Lot
SIZE: 20,000 sq.ft.
Tremendous spalling had taken place in a small gas station parking area and needed repair without disruption to service.
- A complete tear out of the concrete and replacement was needed to restore the parking area.
- This repair would have caused the store to be closed for at least 2-3 weeks with lost revenue.
- Polymer concrete overlay was chosen to fill all of the low spots and bring the surface to a brand new look.
- The store never had to close during the restoration.
- Colder temperatures can slow down strength gain of cement, but this product was modified for a faster set and strength gain from addition of accelerators to the mix. This enabled work to progress throughout the day and completion was on time.
- Penetrating sealer was used to further enhance the protective layers, insuring that the water and salts used would not penetrate the new cover.
Gallup, New Mexico has an average of 200 freeze/thaw cycles per winter. This project of 20,000 sq.ft. was installed in 2012.